Because of an organizational malfunction of the Ministry of Health Thousands of patients, Including cancer patients, remained without the supply of their monthly medical cannabis - in what appeared to be another phase in the deterioration of the unit's attitude towards medical cannabis and its managers for patients in Israel.
An examination of Cannabis Magazine shows that 1,800 patients are treated from 7,000 patients who were forced to leave Tikkun Olam after announcing - As revealed For the first time in Cannabis Magazine - that will not provide cannabis inflorescence until July 2019.
In addition to the 1,800 that are currently in effect after their delivery date and are left untreated, there are at least 2,500 patients whose next delivery date will be within 2-3 within the next few weeks. They fear that they, too, will leave at the end of the day without supplies.
This failure occurs despite warnings and pleas sent to the Ministry of Health in order to prepare properly for the event. The directors of the JIC only remembered at the last moment to transfer the bureaucratic responsibility for transferring the patients to the private company Natalie, which was supposed to begin this activity long ago As we have shown Also in the magazine.
This behavior of the Ministry of Health also comes against the backdrop of the entry into force of the pharmacy reform ("medicalization") in 1.4 and joins a number of serious failures, at least some of which will also be presented in a petition to the High Court of Justice To be submitted This Thursday (28.3) demanding that the reform be halted immediately.
Tikkun Olam announced that according to the instructions of the Ministry of Health, the last patients will be able to receive the cannabis supply to 14.3 and then be transferred to one of the two companies, Candoc or BOL Pharma, the units that have enough cannabis to do so.
As mentioned above, 7,000 patients whose details were transferred by Tikkun Olam to the NIC, over 2,200 have already been absorbed in the other two companies. Approximately 2,000 is left untreated for more than one month and at least for 2,500 the end of delivery is expected within the next two to three weeks.
This means that thousands of patients have remained without medical cannabis in general and thousands of others left with residues from the previous supply and without any update from the Ministry of Health regarding what is expected of them when the supply is over.
At least some of these patients are expected to file a lawsuit against the Ministry of Health, based on a precedent Won recently Cannabis was treated with a NIS 4,000 monetary compensation after failing to receive supplies on time and was forced to purchase cannabis on the black market.
Patients told Cannabis magazine that Tikun Olam had indeed given their license to the YKR, but the YKR dispatchers mislead them by saying that the licenses are still in repair. The company insists that all of the relevant licenses have been transferred to the NCM and that they can not do more, under the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
The Kenduk company, headed by Ehud Barak, refused to give details beyond that they receive dozens of new patients every day from Tikkun Olam. BOL, which receives most of the Tikkun Olam patients, wants to emphasize that they are doing everything in their power to help.
"BOL enlisted the help of patients and absorbed a great deal of Tikkun Olam, a very difficult task, especially because of the terrible distress of the patients, who were forced to change their habits and species," BOL said. "Our customer service center is fully accessible by email, messenger, and telephone and most of the calls are answered on the same day or at the latest, the next day."
BOL also refers to the court's decision last week regarding the patients of Dr. Johnny Greenfeld, whom the Health Ministry left without the possibility of receiving any supplies at all. "In view of the press reports on the court's decision, we also ask that the word be taken to Dr. Greenfeld's patients: until we receive a license from the Ministry of Health, we unfortunately can not provide treatment."
The Ministry of Health refuses, as usual, to provide explanations to the media. Health Ministry spokesman Eyal Basson ignores Cannabis magazine's inquiries despite the clarification that these are matters relating to human life.